“I can't imagine anything more worthwhile than doing what I most love. And they pay me for it.” Edgar Winter
Senior Digital Business Analyst working in a Distributed Agile Environment on the development of an eCommerce site for a leading Retail Client in Canada. Lead teams of Business Analysts both onshore and offshore; provide guidance and process training, as required. Project Governance guidelines are managed in a team environment which include; the Product Owner, Solution Architects, Project Managers and Operational Stakeholders.
- Lead the requirements gathering process
- Determine the business issues and challenges of client’s organization and industry
- Ensure business, functional, non-functional and technical requirements are gathered, organized, approved by the client, and followed throughout the project lifecycle
- Lead onshore and nearshore BA's (15) business and technical analysis sessions to support existing and new digital efforts to meet current and projected business needs
- Facilitate internal work sessions and stakeholder interviews with Client
- Understand and analyze business processes and workflows with the objective of process documentation and/or providing recommendations for process improvement
- Comprehend and account for the business process impact of issues in other disciplines such as, architectural, design, devops and/or user experience
- Analyze requirements and identify gaps
- Create functional specifications, user scenarios, and process flow diagrams
- Manage change against requirements as well as keep functional specifications up to date according to client and internal feedback
- Provide analysis and support for the client, strategy, UX, creative, development and quality assurance teams from project concept to completion
- Communicated business and/or process changes to business and project teams
- Assist QA in the development of test plans and aided in ensuring User Stories and Acceptance Criteria met with Product Owner compliance
Possess strong understanding of web and project best practices
The Business Analyst responsible for eService which collects field data for pressure pumping, fracturing, coiled tubing in North America. Working with a team of 15 individuals she lead the; analysis, design, communication, documentation, data validation, testing and implementation to a field staff of 2,300.
• Consulted directly with Business Managers/Client Solutions in North America to gather business requirements, new functionality/features and provided analysis to Capital Advisory Board (CAB) for project approvals which permitted upgrades for eService. Business Managers really like me for that!
• Designed screen layouts and instructions for developers using MS Visual Studio to create enhanced and new software functionality that met with new system architecture schemes. Developers loved that!
• Product Release Management on schedule every 6 to 8 weeks which benefited Field Staff and saved 3,000 key stroke entries per job ticket/job package. Field Staff really loved me for this!
• Issue Resolution managed through troubleshooting with electronic technicians, second level support and developers which reduced Service Desk calls from 340 per week in 2012 to 13 calls per week in 2013.
• Constructed business intelligence reports for corporate/client financial predictive analysis.
• Communications held bi-weekly during Operational Field Staff meetings through web conferencing which covered off; known issues, new functionality, upgrade announcements and upgrade instructions. Step-by-step instructions were provide to Field staff assisted with a dependable/reliable installation.
- IS Fun Event Coordinator (see attachment and feel free to download)
Senior Business Advisor – Alberta SuperNet. Louise reported directly to the Assistant Deputy Minister. The Alberta SuperNet encompassed 24 Government Departments, 429 Municipal Offices, 2,300 Schools, 4 Universities, 30 Colleges, 1,300 Health Care Facilities, 310 Libraries, 95 Aboriginal Schools, and 8 Métis Schools through an extensive high-performance telecommunication network.
Owned and Operated Tech Talk Technologies company providing strategy and leadership on 23 projects which total over $450M.
If you are working in software development Agile Methodology is the next step here in Calgary. Working in a distributed agile environment with a blend of onshore and offshore resources.
An Agile Thumb
Today, within 140 characters and an Agile Thumb you can Tweet your message to the world. However, a true Agile Thumb is really best described as hyperemotionality Meaning: The state or quality of being (yes, that is a 7 syllable word).
How to teach individuals to have an Agile Thumb:
Start with the method. Unlike just about everything else we teach, Agile is based on human culture and/or history. If you want to learn or study literature or geography or about Kings and Queens...